Cherry Chocolate Power Shake
This Cherry Chocolate Shake is easy to make vegan. It also doubles as a dessert! I actually had a hard time testing it because it was SO filling that I didn’t want breakfast for a couple of days. It lead me to discover that if you put a portion into the fridge, it makes an incredible pudding!This recipe works best in a high speed blender like a Vitamix or NutriBullet or Ninja or something that will puree the cashews. I added a quarter of a banana to make it sweeter, but you could leave that out if you wanted more of a Phase 1 Shake.
- ½ cup frozen dark cherries (unsweetened)
- ¼ ripe banana
- ¾-1 cup almond milk
- ⅓-½ cup cashews
- 1 serving protein powder (26-29 grams)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract or dried vanilla bean
- The ratios are between phase 1 and phase 2. Make it more Phase 1 by using 1/2 cup cashews and no banana – or closer to Phase 2 by using 1/3 cup cashews.
- If you want to make it a bit creamier, or if you don’t have a high speed blender, soak the cashews overnight.
- The texture is thick like a milkshake (especially if you use the full amount of cashews and the lower amount of almond milk). It will turn into a pudding texture when refrigerated. Separate it into 4 ramekins and refrigerate overnight to serve as a dessert. Yum!
- For a nut-free and protein powder free variation, add 3/4 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt, unsweetened, and 1 tablespoon hemp seeds in place of the cashews and protein powder.
Nutrition (Original Recipe)