Stuffed Peppers Using Leftovers
Leftovers are so flavorful - and can be the perfect solution to preparing quick-and-easy, budget-friendly meals. Adapt this recipe to use the ingredients in your fridge!
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 ¼ lbs ground turkey (15% fat - or alternative protein of your choice)
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Dash of cayenne, optional
- 6 oz goat cheese
- ¾ cup cooked chickpeas (or bean of choice)
- 2 cups spinach, packed, chopped
- 1 red onion, small
- ½ cup corn kernels, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds.
Arrange in a 9x9 baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients.
Distribute the turkey filling evenly among the peppers.
Put the pepper top back on top of the pepper (covering the turkey filling)
Bake for 45 minutes, or until your protein is fully cooked through.
Nutrition (Per Stuffed Pepper)
Nutrition (Full Meal)
Pair each serving with 1/2 cup berries for dessert.