In-A-Minute Smoked Trout Pâté
This past year has us begging for something new, exciting, and delicious. We're all dreaming about the days of getting back together with friends and family, and sharing a meal with our loved ones. This Smoked Trout Pâté is the perfect way to enjoy a "shareable" platter with your household. Even better? Zoom your friends and family to prepare this fun appetizer together, play games, and connect with each other during these tough times.
- 8 ounces Smoked Trout, chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream, mayo, or Greek yogurt (for Dairy Free, use Basic Mayo, Lemon Aioli, or Dairy-Free Sour Cream)
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1-2 tbsp prepared horseradish, or more, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Phase 1: Enjoy with Socca Crackers (Always Delicious pg. 202). Serve in lettuce wraps, on vegetable slices like cucumbers, or with vegetable sticks like carrots or celery.
- Phase 2: Same as phase 1, or serve atop a bed of quinoa or brown rice with fresh vegetables.
- Phase 3: Serve with slices of toasted rye bread or whole grain crackers.
- Substitute smoked salmon, or other types of smoked fish, canned sardines, kippered herring in place of the smoked trout.
- For a dairy-free variation, use our Basic Mayo (Always Delicious pg. 259), Lemon Aioli (Always Delicious pg. 298), or Dairy-Free Sour Cream (Always Delicious pg. 306). If making them fresh, reduce the salt in the sauces to account for the higher salt content in the smoked fish.
Nutrition (Per Serving)