Chef Kenzie's AH Stuffed Mushrooms (Dairy-Free)
These quick-and-easy dairy-free stuffed mushrooms can be made in under 5 minutes, and are the perfect mid-day snack or dinner appetizer. Switch up the base by using zucchini slices, your favorite vegetable crudités, or a few Socca Crackers.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dill (or herb of choice, see variations below)
- squeeze of lemon or lime, to taste
- mushrooms or vegetable crudité of choice
- 4 tbsp crumbled almonds or nuts of choice
- homemade red pepper jelly (no sugar added) or Fresh Salsa, for garnish (optional)
Place cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, and dill in a wide-mouthed mason jar. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice into the mix, to taste.
Distribute the cashew dip among mushrooms or vegetable crudités. Roast mushrooms prior to stuffing, or leave them raw.
Garnish with crumbled almonds or nuts/seeds of choice (use 1 tbsp per serving).
Top with homemade red pepper jelly (no sugar added) or Fresh Salsa, if desired.
Instead of dill, use the following flavor combinations...
- Fresh parsley
- Basil + sautéed garlic
- Caramelized onions
- Cilantro + lime zest
- Sautéed ginger and garlic
Nutrition (Per 1 Serving)
Make it a Full Meal (P1 - Recipe Serves 4)
- Heat a fry pan with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other neutral-tasting oil). Add 1 onion, chopped. Sauté until onion is translucent.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Add 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced) and 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (minced).
- Add 400 grams extra firm tofu (crumbled), 2 cups cooked black beans and mushrooms (chop and use the mushrooms or vegetable crudités you would have stuffed!). Add 1 teaspoon soy sauce and cook until vegetables are tender and tofu is warmed.
- Serve over a bed of spinach or leafy greens of choice. Top with the cashew cream (replace dill with fresh parsley OR chile pepper if you like spice!).
Nutrition for Full Meal
Fat: 33g (51%)
Carbohydrates: 39g (27%)
Protein: 32g (225)