Quick-and-Easy Fennel Salad
Chef Dawn Ludwig
Looking for an elegant side dish you can prepare in-a-flash? This fennel salad is the perfect quick-and-easy refreshing side dish to pair with your favorite main course meal.
Prep Time 5 minutes mins
Total Time 5 minutes mins
Course Salad, Side Dish
- 1 fennel bulb
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
Shred one bulb of fennel into thin layers using a mandolin or large grater. (TIP: If you don't have a large grater, use a peeler to "peel" the fennel into thin strips)
Add salt and the juice of one lemon.
Massage the salt into the fennel until it gets soft and wilted.
Serve alongside your favorite main course meal.
Rub the vegetables with salt and omit the lemon if using a dressing. See options below.
If you add a juicy vegetable like cucumbers, add them at the end when you toss in the dressing.
- Asian Slaw - Use cabbage and carrots with our Ginger Soy Vinaigrette - Always Hungry? page 267
- Tangy Cole Slaw - Use cabbage and carrots with our Tangy Cole Slaw Dressing - Always Hungry? page 265
- Green Papaya Salad - Use shredded green papaya and carrots tossed with our Thai Peanut Sauce - Always Hungry? page 262
Fennel Salad - Full Meal
Pair with our Mediterranean Chicken and drizzle with 1-2 teaspoon of Olive Oil (or other AH/AD dressing/sauce of your choice) for a complete meal.
Other Full Meal Ideas
- Use in place of lettuce in our Chicken Salad with Grapes and Walnuts.
- Serve as a base for Herb-Roasted Chicken Thighs and an AH/AD dressing or sauce of your choice. Serve with a slow carb tossed in AH/AD dressing or sauce of choice.
- Serve as a base for Salmon Salad.
- Serve with Easy Dijon Chicken or Salmon. Serve with a slow carb tossed in AH/AD dressing or sauce of choice.
- Serve as a base for your favorite stir fry.
Keyword Quick and Easy, Vegetarian