Quick and Easy Snacks – Energy Bites
Chef Kenzie LOVES her daily “energy boosting” – Energy Bites. These little bites are filled with energy-dense ingredients, rich flavor, and satisfying fats. Better yet? There are so many ways to make a quick-and-easy energy bite using the ingredients and flavors YOU love! Kenzie’s energy-boosting bite recipe is more like a guideline. The best part is the versatility. So, get creative as you pick and choose the ingredients that will brighten your day.
Use some of the combination suggestions below, then expand out and experiment with making your own.
Looking for More Quick-and-Easy Recipe Ideas?
Check out our online classes with Chef Kenzie Osborne. Each class is a one-hour session with a 30-minute question period. Upon purchase, you will immediately receive a specialized One-Week Meal Plan, Prep List, and additional resources prepared by Chef Dawn Ludwig and Chef Kenzie Osborne.
Chef Kenzie's Energy Boosting Bites
- 1 ½ cups nuts, ground to a "meal" (or 1 cup of store-bought nut "meal")
- ⅓ cup flax or chia seeds, ground (or ground seed of choice)
- ⅔ cup nut/seed butter OR 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (P2) OR dark chocolate (P1) OR homemade applesauce
- ½ cup add-ins of choice (chopped nuts, unsweetened shredded coconut, cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips, dried fruits, etc.)
- Optional spices/extracts (cinnamon, almond extract, vanilla, etc.)
- Mix all ingredients together. *If using dark chocolate in place of maple syrup, melt it prior to mixing. Form into 24 small balls.
- Top with a drizzle of dark chocolate or melted nut butter, or roll in ground nuts, rolled oats (Phase 3), or shredded coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Choco-Peanut Butter Bite: Ground almonds + flax seeds + peanut butter + dark chocolate + crumbled peanuts + cacao nibs
- Cashew Coconut Bite: Ground cashews + ground sunflower seeds + coconut oil + ground cashews (roll the bites in unsweetened shredded coconut)
- Apple Almond Bite: Ground almonds + flax seeds + almond butter + homemade applesauce + chopped dried apples (P2) + cinnamon