Quick-and-Easy Summer Beet Salad
Summer salads are a fantastic way to get delicious, nutritious meals without a lot of cooking. This beet salad is a quick-and-easy no-cook summer side dish that boasts stunning colors and bright flavors! We add a bit of tofu to increase protein content – without sacrificing the flavor profile. Once the tofu is mixed with the feta, you won’t even notice it’s in there. However, the nutritional benefits (and extra punch of protein) will be evident in how satisfied you feel after eating it.
Transform this side salad into a full Phase 2 meal by adding a touch more protein. Keep your meal vegetarian by serving the salad alongside some grilled tofu skewers. If you’re looking for a bit of animal protein, serve it with some grilled or shredded chicken. Then, top your protein of choice with Tzatziki (or another AH/AD dressing of choice). Finally, serve with a fruit skewer for a sweet dessert.
What’s Your Favorite Summer Salad?
Share your favorites in the comments below or take a picture and post on our Facebook Group – we always love to see what you’ve been cooking!
Need a Drink to Pair with Your Beet Salad?
Looking for More Vegetarian Recipe Ideas?
Check out our downloadable meal planning classes. Each class comes with an eBook including a Specialized One-Week Meal Plan and Prep Sheet, or Specialized Recipes, as well as Additional Resources prepared by Chef Dawn Ludwig and Chef Kenzie Osborne. Each class also has the option to add-on downloadable presentation slides for more recipes and extra resources.
Beet, Feta, and Walnut SaladChef Dawn Ludwig
- 4 large beets (about 2 ½ lbs), cooked and peeled
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1½ cups chopped walnuts, roasted
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds, optional
- ¼-½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar or other vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaves like butter lettuce, romaine, or Belgian endive
- First, chop cooked beets into small chunks, place them in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Next, crumble feta with the tofu, salt and onions, squeezing with your hands until they are well mixed.
- Then, toss feta mixture with the beets, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and parsley.
- Next, combine lemon and vinegar with salt and pepper. Pour over beets and mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste adding more lemon, vinegar, salt and pepper as needed.
- Finally, spoon beet salad into lettuce leaves and serve.