The start of a new year is the perfect time to examine your health goals and form new plans for self-care. A good way to do this is by reconnecting with AH in a fundamental way: something that we like to call The Phase One Reboot. This is a once-per-year restart of Phase One that many of our readers find to be the best way to get re-tuned in to their body.
Whether you’re just starting out on your Always Hungry journey, or you’re a long time enthusiast, a Phase One Reboot will help you better understand both your own body and the reasoning behind AH. In all areas of life and learning, there’s something about going back to the basics that really helps solidify knowledge and habits.
Learning Is A Spiral
First, imagine a line spiraling deeper and deeper towards a center point. Then, imagine that the first time you learn anything new, whether it be a new lifestyle program like AH or a new language, you travel once around the spiral. But there’s only so much you can learn on that pass, and you are bound to miss many details. So once a year, we recommend reconnecting with the program and traveling another loop around the spiral of learning. You may be surprised how many new and helpful facts jump out at you that you were not able to fully understand or appreciate the first time around.
Your body is also in a different place than it was when you first began your AH journey. Restarting Phase 1 will be a good learning experience for you to really listen to what your body is telling you. Refresh and renew: the perfect way to start your year off right.
Ways To Reconnect With Always Hungry
- Reread Always Hungry or the Science Summary of Always Delicious
- Read our FAQ page on our website. There is so much guidance packed into that page! This is a great resource when you don’t have time to read the whole book.
- Watch our quick FAQ videos here!
- Commit to a two-week Phase 1 reset
- Retry Phase 1 recipes. Even if you’re doing well in Phase 2 or 3, commit yourself to trying one new Phase 1 recipe per week. In our newest book, Always Delicious, we’ve included complete meal plans for all our recipes so you’ll have many options for new Phase 1 meals.
- Evaluate your Big Why. Maybe you’ve met your previous goals or your life has changed in such a way that those goals no longer serve you. Create new goals for this year.
- Strengthen or create an AH support group, either through family or friends that are following AH or through social media. Our Facebook Group is a great place to start.