Almond Coconut Macaroons – With a Twist!
These coconut macaroons are yet another one of our recipes from Always Delicious. This grain-free cookie recipe uses almond flour and shredded coconut to make a tasty melt-in-your-mouth treat. This recipe can be adapted in a few different ways to add in your favorite sweet mix-ins.
- Cinnamon-coconut macaroons: Add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the recipe.
- Dark chocolate drizzle: Drizzle the macaroons with melted dark chocolate.
- Coconut-almond crunch: Add some crushed nuts/seeds to the batter OR to the top of the macaroons.
- Nut-butter filled: Add a small amount of nut butter to the center of each cookie.
- Fruity: Add 1/2 cup of fresh berries, 1 mashed banana (P2/3), OR 1/4 cup dried fruit (P2/3) to the recipe. The added banana or dried fruit would make this recipe closer to Phase 3 due to the honey AND added phase 2 slow carbohydrate.
Chef Kenzie’s Twist: Try adding a few slivered almonds and pairing with a side of Chai (or whatever tea you love). Add a bit of whipping cream to your tea and dip the cookie inside. What a delicious way to finish off the night or re-energize yourself for the rest of the afternoon.
What Would You Mix into Your Almond Coconut Macaroon Cookies?
Share your ideas in the comments below or post a photo in our Facebook Group – we always love to see what you’ve been cooking!
Looking for More Quick-and-Easy Recipe Ideas?
Check out our downloadable meal planning classes. Each class comes with an eBook including a Specialized One-Week Meal Plan and Prep Sheet, or Specialized Recipes, as well as Additional Resources prepared by Chef Dawn Ludwig and Chef Kenzie Osborne. Each class also has the option to add-on downloadable presentation slides for more recipes and extra resources.
Almond Coconut MacaroonsChef Dawn Ludwig
VariationsVegan Version: Omit the egg and increase oil to 1/2 cup Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add 1/4 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate chips (at least 70% cocoa) to the batter before scooping. Snickerdoodles: Add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Add other spices likes ground cardamom or essential oils or citrus zest like lemon, orange, or tangerine.
Nutrition (Per Cookie)Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 6g Protein: 2g Calories: 104