Fried Fish, Breaded
Fish of your choice (For fried fish, I like to use thinner filets like Flounder or Dover Sole, but thicker filets like Cod work well too.)
Garbanzo bean flour, enough to cover fish
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Oil for frying (I use avocado oil, available in large, inexpensive bottles from Costco)
Cast iron skillet (I think it makes all the difference)
1) Wash and pat dry the fish, and then lightly salt.
2) Place garbanzo bean flour in a shallow dish, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder
3) Dredge fish in the flour
4) Fry in about 1/4 inch of hot oil in a cast-iron skillet.
5) Cook until brown on one side, turn and brown on the other side.
6) Serve with Tartar Sauce (ALWAYS HUNGRY BOOK pg. 261) Enjoy!