Crustless Spinach Quiche Muffins
One of Chef Kenzie’s favorite quick-and-easy recipes is this adorable crustless spinach quiche! Not only are these mini quiche muffins absolutely fun for all ages – but they’re also a convenient snack. Want more…they can also be a full meal that can be frozen, thawed, and taken with you on-the-go.
The quiche recipes in our book feature our delicious, flaky “Grain Free Crust” – however, if you’re feeling like you need a quicker-prep option, you can omit the slow carbohydrate crust then mix a few beans into your batter instead. In addition, baking these in muffin cups makes them even easier to serve and take with you. We like silicone muffin tins for easier clean up.
Chef Kenzie’s Pro Tip: Blend white beans with the eggs for a smooth texture in your crustless spinach quiche.
Ratios: To balance ratios, add 1 1/2 cups of cooked beans to the batter AND topping each serving of quiche off with 1/2 an avocado (or, 3 avocados per recipe).
Crustless Quiche Recipe Variations
Try turning any of our quiche recipes into egg muffins or mini egg muffins. Try one of the quiches from Always Delicious pp. 92-95 or turn Dr. Ludwig’s Favorite Frittata from Always Hungry? pg. 225 into a mini quiche recipe.
Kids LOVE these mini bites for snacks, breakfasts, or lunches. They also enjoy mixing and pouring them. Let your kids choose ingredients that they love for the egg muffins. It will even result in the pickiest eaters finding (or creating) flavors they like.
More Tips and Recipes
Want more of Chef Kenzie’s Tips & Tricks? Check out some of her classes HERE.
Looking for Quick-and-Easy Recipe Ideas?
Check out our online recipe classes with Chef Kenzie Osborne. Each class is a one-hour session with a 30-minute question period. Upon purchase, you will immediately receive a specialized one-week meal plan, prep list, and additional resources prepared by Chef Dawn Ludwig and Chef Kenzie Osborne.
Crustless Spinach Feta Quiche
- 1 ½ cups cooked white beans
- 8 eggs
- 8 ounces spinach, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place white beans and eggs in a large bowl. Blend with an immersion blender (or a high power blender) until smooth. OPTIONAL: Omit this step and leave beans whole. Whisk the eggs first, then mix the white beans into the batter.
- Add the spinach, salt, pepper, and feta cheese to the batter. Mix until incorporated.
- Grease about 32 mini muffin tins. Distribute the egg batter evenly among mini muffin tins.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the edges of the muffins are lightly browned and the eggs are fully set.
- Remove from oven. For each person: Serve 8 mini muffins with 1/2 avocado (or about 1/2½ tablespoon of guacamole per muffin).