Versatile Vegan Tofu Dip!
Store-bought dips can be packed with hidden sugars… Homemade dips tend to contain Greek yogurt or cheese for a rich and creamy texture… So, how can you make a rich, creamy, satiating dip without added sugar or dairy AND on a time crunch? The answer: TOFU. Yup – you read that right… When blended with fats, firm tofu transforms into a rich and creamy vegan tofu dip – perfect for vegetable crudités, Socca Crackers, or as a stuffing for lettuce cups.
Check out Chef Kenzie’s vegan tofu dip recipe and serve as a snack (for your next dinner party appetizer) or to serve as a full meal for lunch-on-a-time-crunch! The recipe serves one for a complete meal, or 2-4 for a snack-sized portion. If you’re serving for a crowd, double up the recipe and serve in the center of a vegetable platter for a delicious appetizer the whole family will love.
How would you serve this dip? Would you add some fresh herbs (like basil or thyme)? How about a few chile peppers to add a kick of spice? Comment your ideas below or share them in our Facebook Group. We always love to hear what you’ve been cooking!
Looking for More Dairy-Free or Quick-and-Easy Recipe Ideas?
Check out our online recipe classes with Chef Kenzie Osborne. Each class is a one-hour session with a 30-minute question period. Upon purchase, you will immediately receive a specialized one-week meal plan, prep list, and additional resources prepared by Chef Dawn Ludwig and Chef Kenzie Osborne.
Two-Minute Tofu Dip
- 6 ounces Firm tofu, pressed between two sheets of paper towel
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, canned in oil and drained PLUS 1 teaspoon of reserved oil from can
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or goat cheese, if not dairy free)
- ¼ cup white beans
- ½ avocado
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt (or regular salt)
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, optional
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Press the firm tofu between two pieces of paper towel to squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Season with additional salt (if desired), black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice.