Most mornings, my mind feels a little “scrambled” – and there’s no room to think about what to whip up for breakfast… Some days, i’ll have a bowl of chia seed pudding or a yogurt parfait ready-to-go in the fridge – and other days, I’ll opt for making a quick breakfast scramble on-the-fly.
My favorite way to prepare a quick egg breakfast scramble is to follow this little guide…
- FAT: Heat 1 tbsp of oil or butter in a pan over medium heat
- FLAVOR: Add spices or dried herbs of choosing – toast for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant
- EGGS: Add 2 eggs whisked with 2 tbsp milk of choice
- SLOW CARB: Add 1/2 cup beans
- VEG: Add unlimited non-starchy vegetables (use leftovers or frozen here!)
- RICHNESS: Add 2 tablespoons cheese, crumbled nuts, hemp seeds, etc.
- Season to taste
NOTE: The eggs, slow carb, and veg can all be added to the pan at the same time. Mix until eggs are cooked to your liking. Add the “richness” at the end and season just before serving.
For more step-by-step guides (ie: Sheet pan dinners and breakfast parfaits) sign up for our Quick-and-Easy class. See next class dates HERE.
Chef Kenzie's Breakfast Egg Scramble
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp canned coconut milk or whole milk
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 cup frozen Asian vegetable blend
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a fry pan over medium heat.
- Add curry powder. Toast for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- While curry is toasting, whisk together eggs with canned coconut milk OR whole milk.
- Add black beans and frozen Asian vegetable blend. Cook until vegetables are warmed through and eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat. Add goat cheese and season to taste. Stir, then serve!
Nutrition (per one recipe)Fat: 51% Carbohydrate: 28% Protein: 21% Calories: 520
Looking for Cooking-for-One or Quick-and-Easy Recipe Ideas?
Check out our online recipe classes with Chef Kenzie Osborne. Each class is a one-hour session with a 30-minute question period. Upon purchase, you will immediately receive a specialized one-week meal plan, prep list, and additional resources prepared by Chef Dawn Ludwig and Chef Kenzie Osborne.