Some say meat, others say plants – we say BOTH! We love adding more plant-based options to our daily meals, but sometimes the family just want some meat. So, why not do a little bit of both? These meatballs feature lamb AND tofu – so you can enjoy the meaty flavors with a little plant-based twist.
How do you incorporate plant-based ideas into your own recipe repertoire? Comment below!
Italian Lamb Tofu Meatballs
- 1 lb ground lamb
- ½ lb firm tofu, pressed gently with an absorbent towel, then crumbled
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp each: fennel seeds, oregano, basil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp oil, for frying
- Mash all ingredients together until well combined.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons oil on low heat in a skillet with a lid.
- Form the mixture into balls.
- Arrange in the skillet, cover, and cook on medium heat until done on one side (about 8 minutes).
- Turn, and cook on the other side until done. (About 8 minutes).
- Remove meatballs to a plate.
- Reduce remaining liquid, uncovered, stirring regularly until it is a thick sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and serve.